Its a joke. *mostly… probably…… upon further review likely not.
It was supposed to be the #UltraMegaShitCoin ! But now we’re not so sure.
- its more transparent and usable by actual people than certain cryptocurrencies pandering to banks
- and its quickly become a test bed to play with tokenization and dapp ideas, check out the SHipple Fitness and SHipple-Up to get hints as to where that might go.
- and it’s the core token for an exponentially growing community of Meme and content creators! Check out the Crypto Entertainment Collective, SHipple is about to sponsor them.
- AAAAnnnnnddd!! Greg Smithwick founded the SHipple Flying Circus Charity Tribe that has already raised a ton of real money for amazing charitable projects!
It is also deeply profoundly true and proving multiple points about the true nature of community driven tokenization. #DOGEisOURspiritANIMAL
The new motto: “make funny, Do Good, take naps” seems to be at the core of an ever expanding diaspora of SHipple Tribes and experiments!
*it definitely for sure probably isnt creating a revolution in community driven value creation, and charitable giving… is the sarcasm button ON?! This is working right? People get that this is thinly veiled satire? Its all of these things and more!!**
That airdrop goes out the day after basecamp hits 2k people!
Current basecamp status: 199 people (Correction 260) )(Correction 460)(ahem..610)(900)(1001) (1220!?)(1340)
- We got featured in an amazing article written by Stellabelle on Hackernoon : Shipple is an awesome gateway drug to onboars crypto noobs! We didnt start w that intention but we are super passionate about educating and fostering adoption in fun and safe and encouraging ways!
- We definitely didnt expect this, but a HUGE percentage, at least over half but likely alot more, of the people at SHipple Basecamp are NOOBS (new people) to Crypto!! So its turned into an education and on-boarding platform. I really really love this development.
- We haz logo
- The WhitePaper is being written by a mad genius, who will likely get a Pulitzer or some other kind of literary award for its satirical brilliance. Its not going to surprise me if he manages to make fun of every single crypto/blockchain trope in this one document.
- A guy @ SHipple Basecamp decided to raise some money for a local charity and awarded 1 Million SHIL to anyone that donated more than 20$. By the next day he raised almost 500$. And that day I created this, and made him the director.
- It wasnt part of the plan (there wasnt really any plan, just HEH LETS MAKE FUN OF BANK CRYPTOS BOOOO!!!) to have 10–40 new memes a day being created at basecamp. But now I honestly cant imagine a world without them! I swear to gawd I donkey laugh a dozen times a day at least lol. Here’s some notable examples, (check out Photos @ basecamp to see most of em… there’s alot)